Thursday, June 14, 2012

How to disable Email Notifications on Google+

Do you like this post?

When I received quite a few email notifications from Google+ that informed me of new posts and comments on the social networking site. Meanwhile I didn’t mind in the beginning but it quickly turned into a problem as I started to receive quite new few emails on daily basis. Since I visited Google+ at least once a day, the notifications were not really that helpful to begin with, as I noticed what they notified me about when I visited Google+.
At the time I decided to disable all notifications on Google+ to reduce the number of emails.And since I’m probably not the only one who is wondering how to disable email notifications, I decided to post this little how-to guide on how to do that.

Disable Google+ Notifications

When you are on a Google domain check the top right corner of the screen to see if you are signed in to your Google account. If you are not signed in yet, click on the sign in button to do that.
Click on your profile image or the small arrow on the right of it, and select account from the overlay that opens up.
This opens the account management menu where you can make changes to your account. This includes enabling 2-Step verification (recommended), taking a look at the products available to you, or managing Google+’s settings.
A click on Google+ on the left opens privacy and notification settings that you can edit right there on the page. Scroll down and take a look at the notification settings here.
I have disabled all checked notifications and the email subscription as well.You can keep some items checked if you want to be notified about these events when they happen, and not when you happen to visit the Google+ website again. Once you make changes, the preferences get saved automatically.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More